Agra Travel Guide - Facts, Tips & Advice to Agra Travel
The Agra travel tips are easy to
obtain. On this page we have collected the information you need to know
want to visit or travel in Agra.
I can provide you more information about Agra travel facts, tips and advice as i myself is a resident of Agra city and knows much about it & can Guide for your Agra travel.
Travel only with a proper reservation
on Indian railways. Foreigners have a separate railway
ticket reservation counter available in major cities so there
is no need to line up at regular ticket booking windows at railway
When hiring a taxi from airports or
railway stations get a prepaid taxi.
Do you know what are the essential
things for packing before coming to India?
In India, delicate fabrics do not stand up well to
facilities exceptat deluxe hotels. Plain
cotton/synthetic blends are the most
practical and the coolest in
summer. It's best to
avoid synthetic fabricsthat don't 'breathe'.
For protection from the harsh sun a hat with a wide brim is recommended. When traveling during monsoons, a
collapsable umbrella comes handy. During the winter months, sweaters and light jackets are required. For functions carry
formal suits for menand skirts and tops for women.
To enter a holy shrine, women should wear a long skirt or dress or trousers. Travel in a Muslim
community calls for even more discretion. Women should consider wearing a salwar kameez, or loose pants and long blouse.
While traveling in winter, woolen
clothing or warm clothing is essential at nighttime. Women travellers are expected to be modestly dressed - tight fitting or
revealing clothes are best avoided - especially when traveling alone. Trekkers and traveler going on any
outdoor adventure should bring a day pack that will hold a sweater, camera, a water bottle. A good pair of binoculars and sunglasses that
block out ultraviolet rays are advised.
Also carry strong sunblock, sewing kit, premoistened towelettes, pocket knife with can opener,lock and key for
each duffel or bag, high-power impact-resistant flashlight, spare batteries (i myself need my australian knife when ever i go for
Electronic Gadgets For electric-powered equipment, bring a converter and an adapter. The electrical current in
India is 220 volts, 50 cycles alternating current (AC), wall outlets take plugs with two round prongs.
Some Agra travel Tips about health and safety... Medical services - There have been many cases of tricksters cheating
foreign tourists of their medical insurance. Some touts have even
offered a commission on the insurance money. It is therefore advisable
only to go for medical emergencies to the large hospitals.
Health risks - Eating at small
restaurants or roadside cafes can be risky because of unhygienic cooking environments. Food poisoning is common when eating at unreliable places.
Drinking water can also be a health hazard.
It is best to carry mineral water
bottles bought from a reliable store. In summer the extreme heat can cause heat strokes and dehydration. Taking enough fluids is an absolute
must.Do not accept any type of food from strangers while traveling by trains or busses.Always buy water bottles from a
Tips for Agra Tour Packages
Where to Trip in Agra?
Tipping taxi or autorickshaw drivers is not expected. However, in
hotels and restaurants it is welcome.
Some more Agra travel tips to remember...
Tourists coming alone should avoid late night outings and lonely
places. Female tourists should avoid befriending or going with local
peoples (few bad people spoils the name of
full country but i am interested in your safety).
When you visit Agra favourite monuments, you will come across many persistent touts, commission merchants and rickshaw-wallahs. Don't, however, let all this put you off. These are some Agra travel advices.
Still, take my words, the Taj will not disappoint you.
Agra travel Info government Office
- UP. Govt. Tourist office, 64, Taj Road,
Tel : (0562)2226431
- Government of India Tourist Office, 191, The Mall, Tel :
- Government of India Tourist Information Counter, Kheria Airport
- U.P. Government Tourist Reception Counter, Agra Cantt, Railway
Agra Travel Agents
UPTOURS, Taj Khema, Near Taj Mahal Eastern Gate, Agra. Tel :
- Ashok Travels and Tour, Hotel Agra Ashok, The Mall, Tel :
- Jahangir Travels, M.G. Road, Tel : (0562)2363783.
- Pleasure Tours, 506, Mall Road, Tel : (0562)2364103, 2363173.
- Sita World Travels, Sadar Bazar, Tel : (0562)2361429, 2363922.
- Taj Travels, 46, Kaushalaya Sadan, Fatehabad Road, Tel : (0562)2330357.
- Touraids (I) Travel Services, Sadar Bazar, Tel : (0562)2225029.
- Travel Corporation (I) Ltd., Hotel Clarks Shiraz, Taj Road, Tel
- Travel House, Welcomgroup, Mughal Sheraton, Fatehabad, Road, Tel :
- Travel Bureau, Near Hotel Taj View, Fatehabad Road, Tel : (0562) 2331118
- Royal India Travels, Mall Road, Tel : (0562)2366409.
- Overseas Tours & Travels, Fatehabad Road, Opp. Atihiti Hotel Tel :
- Collegue Tours, opp. Taj View Ph:(0562)2331362/3
- Royal Indian Travels, Mall Road Ph: (0562)2366409
- Rainbow Travels, Hotel Mansingh Palace, Ph: (0562)2331771/5
- Allahabad Bank, Hotel Clarks Shiraz, Taj Road, Tel : (0562)2226179
- Andhra Bank, Taj Road, Sadar Bazar, Tel : (0562)2363962
- Bank of Baroda, M.G. Road, Tel : (0562)2364345.
- Central Bank of India, M.G. Road Tel : (0562)2366788.
- Indian Overseas Bank, Fatehabad Road, Ph : (0562)2331057
- Punjab National Bank, Shahjadi Mandi, Tel : (0562)2225674.
- State Bank of India Main Branch, Chhipitola, Tel : (0562)2252078-79
- State Bank of India, Sadar Bazar (Evening Branch). Tel :
- Canara Bank, Sadar Bazar, Tel : (0562)2363292
- Canara Bank, Sanjay Place, Tel : (0562)2363197, 2363295
Agra travel Tips and advice to Taj Mahal India Travel Homepage.